More Mount & Blade 2 Guides:
- Activate Cheats Guide.
- Locate & Rescue Traveler Quest.
- Complete Spy Party Quest Guide.
- How to Get 100k Denars (Step-by-Step).
- How to Find a Location of a Character.
- Guide to Founding a Kingdom.
- Early Game Smithing.
- How to Earn Money.
- Game Basic Guide.
A last resort guide for fixing the game crashing on startup.
This guide is a last resort for those of you who have tried every kind of startup crash fix but to no avail. Interestingly this guide is also valid if you have the same crash on startup issues with other games like Escape from Tarkov.
- Upon launching the game the launcher instantly crashes.
- Upon launching the game directly without the launcher the game boots up but cant pass the intro logo video and crashes.
- Upon launching the game directly with the intro logo video disabled the game boots up and then crashes without making it into the main menu.
Affected Operating Systems
- Windows 10 (Windows NT 10)
- Windows 8.1 (Windows NT 6.3)
- Windows 8 (Windows NT 6.2)
- Windows 7 (Windows NT 6.1)
- Make sure all of the game’s processes are terminated and it’s not running
- Open the registry editor with administrative privileges
- Navigate to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSet ControlLsaFipsAlgorithmPolicy
- Double click on the word “Enabled” then change value data from 1 to 0. Leave the base as hexadecimal and then click ok. The fix is now in effect.
Note: After your gaming session is over make sure to change the value back to the default, in this case 1.
You May Also Like:
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Make Money Early on
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Activate Cheats Guide
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Locate & Rescue Traveler Quest
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – Complete Spy Party Quest Guide
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord – How to Find a Location of a Character