More Mount & Blade 2 Guides:
- Activate Cheats Guide.
- Locate & Rescue Traveler Quest.
- Complete Spy Party Quest Guide.
- How to Find a Location of a Character.
- Guide to Founding a Kingdom.
- Early Game Smithing.
- How to Earn Money.
- Game Basic Guide.
Ultimate step by step guide to getting 100k Denars.
Guide to Getting 100k Denars
- Get a band of around 10-15 of the cheapest units you can find.
- Massacre looters and do quests until you have at least 2-3k.
- Buy a decent helmet, and farm tournaments for renown and money (always sell your prize after you get a decent weapon).
Make sure to always bet the maximum amount on each round of the tournament, if you win, you'll get an extra ~1700 on top of your prize.
- Once you've farmed enough renown for clan rank one, become a mercenary of a faction that's at war.
- Join up with one of your faction's armies.
- During battle, make sure you personally kill as many enemies as possible (not sure, but I think this affects how much loot and how many prisoners you receive.
- Whenever your army stops at a major town, participate in the tournament there (if there is one), and sell all your loot and prisoners.
- Once you reach 20k, buy a merchant caravan for 15k.
If your caravan doesn't make any money and is bleeding your balance dry, don't worry, caravans take a while to start becoming profitable. That's why you need the extra 5k.
- While you wait for your caravan to become profitable, continue following a army, racking up that loot and prisoners, and farming renown and money through tournaments.
- Once your caravan has become profitable, leave your faction's army (don't leave the faction though) and begin buying as many recruits as you can.
- Once you have around 45-50 recruits/low levels, begin grinding looter armies for xp.
It helps to assign your lowest levels to group 5 (or any unoccupied group) so you can charge them in while your higher level troops hold back. This really helps speed up the leveling process.
- Spend around half your remaining money on horses to speed up your movement speed.
- Return to your faction's army (if your faction is no longer at war, leave and join one that is).
- Continue racking up kills in every battle to farm maximum loot and prisoners.
- Whenever your army is moving, you'll notice weaker enemy lords (make sure these lords are less than ~15 troops stronger than you) following behind, waiting for other enemy lords to join them. Whenever you see this, break away from your army and chase these weaker lords down.
- Beat the enemy lord's army, and take them prisoner. These enemy lord battles will give you tons of renown, loot, and prisoners.
- Return to your faction's army before any stronger enemy lords arrive.
- Kill any enemy caravans you find, these will give you almost 5k in loot.
- Once you reach 25k, buy another caravan of your own.
- Rinse and repeat killing enemy lords, winning tournaments, selling loot and prisoners, destroying enemy caravans, and buying caravans.