Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Guide to Horde, Special and Monster Spawn Times

Why are there so many specials, and where are the hordes.

Horde, Special and Monster Spawn Times

Specials

The max amount of same type enemies that can spawn:

  • Mutants: 3
  • Pox Hounds: 2
  • Scab Bomber : 3
  • Pox Burster: 2
  • Scab Trapper: 2
  • Scab Sniper: 2
  • Scab Flamer: 2
  • Dreg Flamer: 2

Disabler target chance vs alone players:

  • There is a 50% chance Scab Trappers will target the alone player, a 75% chance for hounds to target the alone player and a 25% chance a mutant will

The specials that will coordinate a strike:

  • Pox Hounds, Scab Bomber, Scab Trapper, Mutants, Flamers

The specials that spawn for rush prevention

  • Pox Hounds, Mutants

The specials that spawn for speedrun prevention

  • Pox Hounds, Mutants, Scab Trapper

Special Pacing

Sedition (Tier 1):

  • 10% chance for coordinated strike, with with 120 seconds to 160 seconds between strikes. A strike will have 2 enemies attacking at once.
  • Specials cap at 3, and spawn with a 140 seconds to 300 seconds range
  • Time between rush prevention is 150 seconds to 250 seconds, and happen after 80 units of distance.
  • There is no speedrun prevention (from what I saw)

Uprising (Tier 2):

  • 10% chance for coordinated strike, with with 100 seconds to 120 seconds between strikes. A strike will have 2 enemies attacking at once.
  • Specials cap at 3, and spawn with a 120 seconds to 280 seconds range
  • Time between rush prevention is 80 seconds to 120 seconds, and happen after 60 units of distance.
  • Speedrun Prevention has a 20 to 40 second cooldown, checking for a distance of 12 units every 5 seconds and is triggered after 4 checks.

Malice (Tier 3):

  • 12.5% chance for coordinated strike, with with 80 seconds to 100 seconds between strikes. A strike will have 3 enemies attacking at once.
  • Specials cap at 4, and spawn with a 110 seconds to 250 seconds range
  • Time between rush prevention is 60 seconds to 100 seconds, and happen after 50 units of distance.
  • Speedrun Prevention has a 20 to 40 second cooldown, checking for a distance of 12 units every 5 seconds and is triggered after 4 checks.

Heresy (Tier 4):

  • 15% chance for coordinated strike, with with 80 seconds to 160 seconds between strikes. A strike will have 4 enemies attacking at once.
  • Specials cap at 5, and spawn with a 90 seconds to 230 seconds range
  • Time between rush prevention is 50 seconds to 80 seconds, and happen after 45 units of distance.
  • Speedrun Prevention has a 10 to 20 second cooldown, checking for a distance of 12 units every 5 seconds and is triggered after 4 checks.

Damnation (Tier 5):

  • 15% chance for coordinated strike, with with 70 seconds to 140 seconds between strikes. A strike will have 4 enemies attacking at once.
  • Specials cap at 6, and spawn with a 70 seconds to 200 seconds range
  • Time between rush prevention is 30 seconds to 50 seconds, and happen after 40 units of distance.
  • Speedrun Prevention has a 10 to 15 second cooldown, checking for a distance of 12 units every 5 seconds and is triggered after 4 checks.

Hordes

Horde Pacing

Sedition (Tier 1):

  • Max active enemies is 90, there are 17 seconds between horde waves and they spawn between 300 and 450 seconds. Ambush hordes have 1 wave and top at 50 active enemies, other hordes have 3 waves. There is a 150 unit to 190 unit distance travel requirement for horde to spawn.
  • Trickle hordes spawn between 40 seconds and 45 seconds, with a travel distance between 90 and 180 units.

Uprising (Tier 2):

  • Max active enemies is 90, there are 15 seconds between horde waves and they spawn between 260 and 420 seconds. Ambush hordes have 1 wave and top at 50 active enemies, other hordes have 3 waves. There is a 120 unit to 170 unit distance travel requirement for horde to spawn.
  • Trickle hordes spawn between 40 seconds and 45 seconds, with a travel distance between 70 and 140 units.

Malice (Tier 3):

  • Max active enemies is 100, there are 10 seconds between horde waves and they spawn between 230 and 400 seconds. Ambush hordes have 1 wave and top at 50 active enemies, other hordes have 3 waves. There is a 80 unit to 130 unit distance travel requirement for horde to spawn.
  • Trickle hordes spawn between 40 seconds and 45 seconds, with a travel distance between 40 and 90 units.

Heresy (Tier 4):

  • Max active enemies is 110, there are 10 seconds between horde waves and they spawn between 210 and 340 seconds. Ambush hordes have 1 wave and top at 60 active enemies, other hordes have 3 waves. There is a 50 unit to 80 unit distance travel requirement for horde to spawn.
  • Trickle hordes spawn between 40 seconds and 45 seconds, with a travel distance between 40 and 75 units.

Damnation (Tier 5):

  • Max active enemies is 120, there are 10 seconds between horde waves and they spawn between 140 and 280 seconds. Ambush hordes have 1 wave and top at 70 active enemies, other hordes have 3 waves. There is a 40 unit to 70 unit distance travel requirement for horde to spawn.
  • Trickle hordes spawn between 40 seconds and 45 seconds, with a travel distance between 40 and 75 units.
  • There are different types of horde: Ambush, Far Vector, Trickle and Flood.
    They are self explanatory: Ambush are the ambush hordes, Far Vectors are the horde waves you see just ambiently around, Trickle are enemies that spawn in groups that “trickle” in to keep you entertained, and Flood are the hordes that have the warcry.
  • This is meant to be more esoteric and not really meant as something that really matters unless you really want to minmax pacing or are purely curious about the pacing settings

Monsters

Sedition (Tier 1):

  • Range of 0 – 1 Bosses
  • 0 Witches
  • Plague Ogryns pause horde pacing for 60 seconds, trickle horde pacing for 40 seconds and specials for 50 seconds
  • Beast of Nurgle pause horde pacing for 60 seconds, trickle horde pacing for 40 seconds and specials for 50 seconds
  • Daemonhost will despawn when you move 65 units away and it is passive.

Uprising (Tier 2):

  • Range of 0 – 1 Bosses
  • Range of 0 – 1 Witches
  • With an empty boss trigger, there is a chance that it is replaced with a patrol
  • Plague Ogryns pause horde pacing for 50 seconds, trickle horde pacing for 20 seconds and specials for 20 seconds
  • Beast of Nurgle pause horde pacing for 50 seconds, trickle horde pacing for 20 seconds and specials for 20 seconds
  • Daemonhost will despawn when you move 65 units away and it is passive.

Malice (Tier 3):

  • Range of 0 – 1 Bosses
  • Range of 0 – 1 Witches
  • With an empty boss trigger, there is a chance that it is replaced with a patrol
  • Plague Ogryns pause horde pacing for 20 seconds, and specials for 15 second. Does not pause trickle horde.
  • Beast of Nurgle pause horde pacing for 20 seconds, and specials for 15 second. Does not pause trickle horde.
  • Daemonhost will despawn when you move 65 units away and it is passive.

Heresy (Tier 4):

  • Range of 0 – 2 Bosses
  • Range of 0 – 2 Witches
  • With an empty boss trigger, there is a chance that it is replaced with a patrol
  • Plague Ogryns does not pause pacing.
  • Beast of Nurgle does not pause pacing.
  • Daemonhost will despawn when you move 65 units away and it is passive.

Heresy (Tier 5):

  • Range of 1 – 2 Bosses
  • Range of 0 – 2 Witches
  • With an empty boss trigger, there is a chance that it is replaced with a patrol
  • Plague Ogryns does not pause pacing.
  • Beast of Nurgle does not pause pacing.
  • Daemonhost will despawn when you move 65 units away and it is passive.

Patrol Comps (Scab)

Sedition (Tier 1):

Comp A:

  • 4x Scab Shotgunner
  • 6x Scab Stalker

Comp B:

  • 3x Scab Gunner
  • 6x Scab Shooter

Comp C:

  • 3x Scab Mauler
  • 6x Scab Bruiser

Uprising (Tier 2):

Comp A:

  • 4x Scab Shotgunner
  • 6x Scab Stalker

Comp B:

  • 3x Scab Gunner
  • 6x Scab Shooter

Comp C:

  • 3x Scab Mauler
  • 6x Scab Bruiser

Malice (Tier 3):

Comp A:

  • 4x Scab Shotgunner
  • 9x Scab Stalker

Comp B:

  • 5x Scab Gunner
  • 8x Scab Shooter

Comp C:

  • 5x Scab Mauler
  • 8x Scab Bruiser

Heresy (Tier 4):

Comp A:

  • 4x Scab Shotgunner
  • 11x Scab Stalker

Comp B:

  • 6x Scab Gunner
  • 10x Scab Shooter

Comp C:

  • 6x Scab Mauler
  • 10x Scab Bruiser

Damnation (Tier 5):

Comp A:

  • 6x Scab Shotgunner
  • 8x Scab Stalker
  • 2x Bulwark

Comp B:

  • 8x Scab Gunner
  • 6x Scab Shooter
  • 1x Bulwark
  • 1x Reaper

Comp C:

  • 8x Scab Mauler
  • 6x Scab Bruiser
  • 2x Crusher

Patrol Comps (Dreg)

Sedition (Tier 1):

Comp A:

  • 4x Dreg Shotgunner
  • 6x Dreg Stalker

Comp B:

  • 3x Dreg Gunner
  • 6x Dreg Stalker

Comp C:

  • 3x Dreg Rager
  • 6x Dreg Bruiser

Uprising (Tier 2):

Comp A:

  • 4x Dreg Shotgunner
  • 6x Dreg Stalker

Comp B:

  • 3x Dreg Gunner
  • 6x Dreg Stalker

Comp C:

  • 3x Dreg Rager
  • 6x Dreg Bruiser

Malice (Tier 3):

Comp A:

  • 4x Dreg Shotgunner
  • 8x Dreg Stalker

Comp B:

  • 5x Dreg Gunner
  • 8x Dreg Stalker

Comp C:

  • 5x Dreg Rager
  • 8x Dreg Bruiser

Heresy (Tier 4):

Comp A:

  • 4x Dreg Shotgunner
  • 12x Dreg Stalker

Comp B:

  • 6x Dreg Gunner
  • 10x Dreg Stalker

Comp C:

  • 6x Dreg Rager
  • 10x Dreg Bruiser

Damnation (Tier 5):

Comp A:

  • 6x Dreg Shotgunner
  • 8x Dreg Stalker
  • 2x Bulwark

Comp B:

  • 8x Dreg Gunner
  • 6x Dreg Stalker
  • 1x Bulwark
  • 1x Reaper

Comp C:

  • 8x Dreg Rager
  • 6x Dreg Bruiser
  • 2x Crusher

You May Also Read


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*