Just a far too early guide to not dying in the 41st (or is it 42nd now?) millennium.
This are some preliminary and quite basic tips, to help people find their feet.
- If there’s a big monster, shoot the little ones first, then shoot the big ugly monster.
- Stay together. No, even more so, it regenerates your Toughness.
- Not kidding. Hold hands the whole way.
- There’s a little icon in the bottom left that shows how many of your teammates you’re in coherency with.
- On tabletop, unit coherency is 2”. Stay that close.
- Melee attacks regenerate toughness too, but not taking damage in the first place because you shot the enemy at a safe distance is better.
- Speaking of which, you are going to take some damage (if you don’t, why do you need a guide?), so regenerating toughness is important.
- Man-sized rats are a myth.
- If the enemies haven’t noticed you yet, shoot the closest ones first.
- Different Lasguns play differently, and often take more than one unit of ammunition per shot.
- Reloading removes the loaded clip first, so interrupting reloading leaves you with an empty clip.
- Distance yourself from melee enemies, close with ranged ones, although the latter is dicey for the shotgunner and flamers.
- If there’s only one way for the enemy to get in, there’s no way for you to get out.
- Psykers don’t need grenades, so be helpful and tag for those who do.
- Try not to dress like the enemy, it doesn’t help.
- Always assume the enemy can get behind you.
- The Beast of Nurgle has a swallow attack, so don’t get too close.
- There is no substitute for communication, but making the enemy’s head explode is close.
- If the boss is attacking you, evade, and let your teammates do the damage. Or reviving.
- Reviving is more important than killing, but sometimes you have to do some killing so you can revive successfully.
- Similarly, play the enemy first, the objective second. You can’t complete the mission if you’re dead.
- Don’t wander off on your own, even if your auspex tells you to.
- When you drop down, all drop down together.
- When in doubt, shoot. When in peace, reload. When in trouble, push and melee.
You May Also Read
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Long Bomb Achievement Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – How to Get Buying Time Penance for Zealot
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Guide to Playing on Linux (Steam Deck)
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Out of Memory or How to Play with 8 GB of RAM Only
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – FPS and Crash Fixes