Possible FPS and Crash Fixes
First, make sure you updated your GPU drivers.
In the launcher go to settings and set your “Worker Threads” to 1. Somehow it’s related to the game crashing. I had mine turned to the max and as soon as someone told me to set it to 1, I played 4-5 games without a single crash. The only downside is you might lose some FPS.
In task manager set the CPU priority of Darktide to “high”.
Ambient Occlusion seems to be eating a lot of resources, turning it off gives a lot of frames.
You can access the game settings file by yourself, it has more changes than it does in the game.
Turning down shadow resolution affects performance as well.
Ex. sun_shadow_map_size = [
] ###I haven't tried to fully turn them off so I don't know is it even possible.
If your frames suddenly drop down during gameplay, lower your resolution and then put it back at what it was before.
(Seems to only happen after a long time of playing)
You May Also Read
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Out of Memory or How to Play with 8 GB of RAM Only
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Guide to Playing on Linux (Steam Deck)
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Long Bomb Achievement Guide
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – Early Tips
- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide – How to Get Buying Time Penance for Zealot