This is a guide on playing Sonic Adventure on the Steam Deck, and installing the Dreamcast Conversion Mod (aka the ultimate way to play Sonic Adventure).
How to Play on Steam Deck
- Install Sonic Adventure DX from the Steam Store;
- On your Deck, go into Desktop mode;
- Download the Dreamcast Conversion Mod installer from the developer website.
- Extract the downloaded archive;
- Right click on the extracted
sadx_setup.exeand press “Add to Steam”;
- Press “Browse” and navigate to the
sadx_setup.exewill appear in your Steam Library. From there right click on it, press proprieties, and under the Compatibility tab tick “Force the use of a specific Steam compatibility tool” and close the window;
- Start the installer and progress normally. When asked for the destination folder, input the directory where SADX is installed, by default
Z:\home\deck\.steam\steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure DX\
- After the installation is complete you can remove
sadx_setup.exefrom your library;
- Start SADX and select “Configure Sonic Adventure DX”, then press on mods. This will launch the SADX Mod Loader;
- In the SADX Mod Loader you might want to enable the Steam Achievements Mod. Then go to the Graphics tab and set
FMV Fill Mode:to “Fit”, then Save.
- Right click SADX in your library and press “Properties…”, in the textbox under Launch Options instert this text:
It’s very important!