This will help you fix the issue of getting a black screen when you launch the game.
How to Fix Black Screen on Start Up Issue
This will help you fix the issue of getting a Black Screen when you launch the game.
When you start the game up you get a solid black screen but the sound works along with intro video audio. This is caused by the default resolution of the game causing an incompatibility with your monitor.
Here is the simple fix:
- Go to your Steam Library and right click on Half Life 2: Deathmatch.
- Select Properties.
- Set Launch option.
- “-Windowed -w 1920 -h 1080”.
- Launch the game.
If that does not work lower resolution until it is compatible with your monitor, for example “-w 1200 -h 684”.
- Go into the game Options and change to your desired resolution in the Video tab.
- Close the game.
- Remove the Launch Options you added.
- Launch the game again and now it should be fixed forever.
Be the first to comment