Summer Pockets has tons of content to explore, and this guide is for people who are gunning for all the achievements. We aim to give useful tips on how to effectively navigate the game and to show the way to the more hidden scenes. The guide is to large parts based on the official information in the Summer Pockets Visual Fanbook.
Beginning Tips & Useful Saves
I don’t recommend jumping straight into achievement hunting right after starting the game. However, there are some minor things you can do at the beginning to make things smoother down the line.
I recommend always making a save at the shrine choice on 7/27. One for each starting title, so 4 in total. Luckily the number of titles match the number of heroines, so you simply pick a different one each time you start over after a route. The game gives you 1000 save slots: use them liberally.
The game has a mechanic called Restart that takes effect after you clear 2 routes. It’ll be pretty obvious what it means when you get there. Restart doesn’t affect very many things in the game: It affects which bait you get through defeating Umi in a non-tutorial Islamon battle, and it affects a CG in Kamome’s route. If you follow my first advice about saving on the 27th every time, you’ll have the means of dealing with Restart effectively.
I recommend always participating in the Islamon game. You don’t have to fight anyone, but you want to keep putting out bait at night. Doing the Islamon ending will be much easier once you have 60 Islamon registered in your Index.
Records 163, 164, and 200 can be done right at the beginning and don’t require actually playing the mini games, so I recommend picking those up.
Title Records (001-038, 077-081)
#001-004: These are determined by the first choice in the game. The titles are given on 7/27. This choice affects a whole slew of things in the game.
#005-036: On 7/27 you’re given a choice at the shrine that gives you one of four titles based on your original title. On the 7/29 at the Candy Store, pick ‘One shaved ice’ in order to get a cursed version of your current title. So that’s 4 original titles that split off into 4 branches on 7/27th (16 total), and each of those has a cursed version, so a total of 32. Have fun.
#037-038: You’ll get one of these by going to the Candy Store on 8/3 and play the capsule machine. If your title is any of the Cursed Lucifer variations, you’ll get #037. Any other title will give #038.
#077-080: Visit the Secret Base on 8/5 and pick ‘Me’. You’ll get a title based on your original title.
#081: When you have ’Host’ as your first choice, visit the Candy Store on 8/5 and pick ‘I want your heart’.
Shiroha Records (044-055)
#044 is gotten automatically.
#045-054 are gotten by making all possible combinations of ingredients on 8/7.
- 045 - Umi+Kyouko+Port
- 046 - Umi+Kyouko+Road
- 047 - Umi+Kyouko+Mountain
- 048 - Road+Kyouko+Port
- 049 - Umi+Port+Mountain
- 050 - Port+Kyouko+Mountain
- 051 - Road+Port+Mountain
- 052 - Umi+Road+Mountain
- 053 - Umi+Road+Port
- 054 - Road+Kyouko+Mountain
#055: Gotten by making one of the 3 high scoring dishes (045, 050, 053). Note that you get two different scenes on 8/9 depending on your dish, one of which includes a CG.
Ao Records (056-063)
Record / Time and Place / Condition
- 056 - 7/30 AM Candy Store / Pick ‘Keep going’
- 057 - 7/31 PM Country Road / Pick ‘Leave some change’
- 058 - 7/31 PM Country Road / Pick ‘Observe her’ > ‘Ask her weight’
- 059 - 7/31 PM Country Road / Pick ‘Observe her’ > ‘Ask her three sizes’
- 060 - 8/1 PM Country Road / Pick ‘Act like a gentleman’
- 061 - 8/6 PM Candy Store / Pick the ‘feeding animals’ one
- 062 - 8/13 Ao Route / Pick ‘Grope her’
- 063 - 8/13 Ao Route / Pick ‘Control yourself’
Kamome Records (064-069)
#064-069: These are all gotten through the shopping mini game on 8/15 through specific combinations. If you have money remaining, just spend the rest on 5 yen chocolates.
- 064 - Yummy Stick x30
- 065 - Pickled kelp x15
- 066 - 5 yen chocolate x60
- 067 - Fancy chocolate
- 068 - Buy 7 different types of snacks
- [Yummy Stick x2+]
- [Pickled kelp x1+]
- [5 yen chocolate x2+]
- [100 yen chocolate x1 OR 50 yen chocolate x2]
- [60 yen snack pack x1 + 30 yen snack pack x2 OR Gag snack x1 + 30 yen snack pack x2]
Extra: You can unlock a third option for Kamome’s 8/4 event if you said Kyouko was ‘about 17’ on 7/28. You can’t unlock all of Kamome’s CGs in a single playthrough because one of them is based on Umi’s reaction. On 8/8, pick ‘Have her help me change clothes’ in both [Onii-chan] mode and either of the other two modes.
Tsumugi Records (070-074)
Record / Time and Place / Condition
- 070 - 8/4 PM Lighthouse / Pick ‘Something cool’
- 071 - 8/4 PM Lighthouse / Pick ‘Something sexy’
- 072 - 8/4 PM Lighthouse / Pick ‘My darling’
- 073 - 8/7 Tsumugi Route / Pick ‘Fondle her boobies’
- 074 - 8/11 Tsumugi Route / Gotten automatically if you picked ’My darling’ earlier
Miscellaneous Records (039-041, 075-076, 082-087, 095-100)
Record / Time and Place / Condition
- 039 - 7/28 Kyouko Choice / Pick ‘About 17‘
- 040 - 7/28 Kyouko Choice / Pick ‘About 25‘
- 041 - 7/28 Kyouko Choice / Pick ‘About 45‘
- 075 - 7/31 PM Secret Base / Gotten automatically
- 075 - 8/1 PM Secret Base / Gotten automatically
- 083 - Shrine / On the 2nd visit, pick ‘Walk on the right’ > ‘Hands and mouth’ > ‘Underhand throw’ > ‘Two bows, two claps, one bow’
- 084 - Shrine / On the 6th visit, pick ‘Inari’
- 085 - Shrine / On the 7th visit, pick ‘1000 yen’ > ‘Put the 1000 yen in’
- 086 - Shrine / On the 9th visit, pick ‘Receive enlightenment’
- 087 - Shrine / Gotten automatically on the 8th visit
#095-100: These are just for clearing the story routes.
Umi Records (042-043, 088-094)
These are only obtainable after your second Restart and in Alka.
Record / Time and Place / Condition
- 042 - 7/28 Night / [Onii-chan Mode] Pick ‘Let’s take it together!’ then ‘Keep asking’ 10 times.
- 043 - 8/6 Night / In a playthrough where you did 042, pick ‘Head to the bath’
- 088 - Alka 7/25 / Pick ‘Uriel’
- 089 - Alka 7/26 / Pick ‘Onii-chan’
- 090 - Alka 7/26 / Pick ‘Papa’
- 091 - Alka 7/26 / Pick ‘Lolicon’
- 092 - Alka 7/26 / Pick ‘Master’
- 093 - Alka 7/26 / Pick ‘This disgusting pig’
- 094 - Alka 7/27 / After picking ‘Lolicon’ on 7/26, pick ‘Of course I like them’
Islamon Records (101-165)
I have translated the spreadsheet on Islamon capture rates and also compiled information on unlocking bait and capture spots here:
- #101: Join Islamon Battle. Go to the Umi event on 7/29. Pick ‘The same thing as Umi-chan’ and then ‘Participate’ later in the evening.
- #102: Capture a Islamon
- #103:Capture a 2★ Islamon
- #104: Capture a 3★ Islamon
- #105: Capture a 4★ Islamon
- #106: Capture a 5★ Islamon
- #107: Capture a rare Islamon (Completely random)
- #108: Have 5 Islamon at one time
- #109: Have 10 Islamon at one time
- #110: Have 20 Islamon at one time
- #111: Capture Inari
- #112: Capture Ryouichi
- #113: Capture Ryouichi using Umi’s Panties as bait
- #114: Capture Tenzen
- #115: Capture Tenzen using Worms as bait
- #116: Capture Tenzen using Umi’s Panties as bait
- #117: Capture Genbu
- #118: Capture Genbu using Umi’s Panties as bait
- #119: Capture Byakko
- #120: Capture Seiryuu
- #121: Capture Suzaku
- #122: Collect all four 5★ Islamon
- #123: Register 10 Islamon in your Index
- #124: Register 30 Islamon in your Index
- #125: Register 50 Islamon in your Index
- #126: Register 75 Islamon in your Index
- #127: Register all 100 Islamon in your Index
- #128: Obtain 5 kinds of bait
- #129: Obtain 10 kinds of bait
- #130: Obtain all 20 kinds of bait
- #131: Discover 5 capture spots
- #132: Discover all 10 capture spots
- #133: Win a battle
- #134: Defeat Shiroha
- #135: Defeat Ao
- #136: Defeat Kamome
- #137: Defeat Tsumugi
- #138: Defeat Umi
- #139: Defeat Umi after defeating her during the tutorial
- #140: Defeat Kyouko
- #141: Defeat Ryouichi
- #142: Defeat Tenzen
- #143: Defeat Nomiki
- #144: Defeat Shizuku
- #145: Defeat Fake Genbu (Rank 18)
- #146: Defeat Genbu
- #147: Defeat the final boss
- #148: Reach rank 30
- #149: Reach rank 20
- #150: Reach rank 10
- #151: Reach rank 1
- #152: Defeat the Land, Sky, and Sea Boys
- #153: Defeat the Land, Sky, and Sea Girls. Defeat Sky Girl last
- #154: Defeat the Land, Sky, and Sea Girls. Defeat Sea Girl last
- #155: Defeat the Land, Sky, and Sea Girls. Defeat Land Girl last
- #156: Collect all four 5★ Islamon
- #157: Defeat the final boss
- #158: Play out Tenzen against Ao
- #159: Play out Ryouichi against Nomiki
- #160: Play out Ryouichi against Shizuku while Tenzen is in your deck
- #161: Play out Ryouichi against Ryouichi
- #162: Play out Tenzen against Tenzen
- #163: (7/29) During the bait setting tutorial, try to set a third piece of bait and do that three times
- #164: (7/30) During the deck editing tutorial, try to start the battle without making a deck and do that three times
- #165: (7/30) Defeat Umi during the battle tutorial
Table Tennis Records (166-200)
Here’s some tips for making the game easier. Endless Mode: Your main source of points is your time, and going into the zone is dangerous, so it’s worth tanking a few hits to not go into the zone.
Serious Mode: Doing #195, #197, and #199 will make the matches a lot easier.
- #166: Play table tennis once
- #167: Play table tennis 3 times in the same playthrough
- #168: Play table tennis 5 times in the same playthrough
- #169: Fill the intensity gauge to go into the Tenzen zone
- #170: Go into the Tenzen zone 5 times in the same playthrough
- #171: Go into the Tenzen zone 10 times in the same playthrough
- #172: Hit 10 balls in a row
- #173: Hit 30 balls in a row
- #174: Hit 50 balls in a row
- #175: Make Tenzen shoot a total of 100 shots in one playthrough
- #176: Make Tenzen shoot a total of 200 shots in one playthrough
- #177: Make Tenzen shoot a total of 300 shots in one playthrough
- #178: Earn a total score of 5 million in one playthrough
- #179: Earn a total score of 30 million in one playthrough
- #180: Hit all 10 balls in Fixed Mode
- #181: Score over 3000 in Fixed Mode
- #182: Play Endless Mode for 3 minutes
- #183: Play Endless Mode for 5 minutes
- #184: Score 50,000 points in Endless Mode
- #185: Score 100,000 points in Endless Mode
- #186: Play Extreme Mode once
- #187: Hit a Super Shot once
- #188: Hit a total of 20 Super Shots in one playthrough
- #189: Keep dealing damage with Super Shots to blow Tenzen off stage
- #190: Blow away Tenzen a total of 10 times in one playthrough
- #191: Keep dealing damage to Tenzen until you get a K.O.
- #192: Deal a total of 1 million damage to Tenzen in one playthrough
- #193: Score 50,000 in Extreme Mode
- #194: Score 20 million in Extreme Mode
- #195: (8/1 AM Candy Store) Pick ‘Ask to be taught a technique’
- #196: Use Transient Realm in Extreme Mode. After you’ve learned it via #195, it can activate randomly when you hit a Super Shot.
- #197: Keep visiting the shrine: Always give 100 yen, Wish to be better at table tennis, Pray to Inari, then give 1000 yen on the 7th visit.
- #198: Use Inari’s attack in Extreme Mode. After you’ve learned it via #197, it can activate randomly when you hit a Super Shot.
- #199: (7/29 Candy Store) Pick ‘One shave ice’. Then play Extreme Mode and hit Tenzen with a Super Shot. He will become cursed and have his speed reduced. (He will also scream constantly, so maybe turn down your volume)
- #200: (7/27) Say ‘Yes’ to doing the tutorial then say ‘I think I’ll pass’ instead of playing the game.
Summer Pockets doesn’t really need a story guide because just getting the route endings is an utter cakewalk. I’m just making this for completion’s sake and to show off some less obvious tricks. The guide will only list required events and choices as well as whatever unlocks might be available.
You can do any order you want really. If I had to say something, I’d recommend doing Shiroha earlier rather than later and to do Tsumugi before Ao. Whichever order you do, you should always start from the beginning after finishing a route. You’ll want to pick a new option for the first choice each time and then make a save at the choice on Jul 27 when Hairi’s trying to impress the young girls.
There’s two hidden scenes for Nomiki available after you clear a route. On the night of 8/2, pick ‘I love you’ then go to the Candy Store on 8/6 AM.
- 7/29 AM Island Outskirts
- 7/30 AM Island Outskirts
- 7/30 PM Candy Store*
- 7/31 AM Pond
- 7/31 PM Candy Store*
- 8/1 PM Candy Store*
- 8/2 PM Island Outskirts
- 8/3 AM Secret Base
- 8/4 PM Island Outskirts
*You’re only required to do one of the three Candy Store events to get into the route. Doing all three is just to see
You can get two different scenes on Aug 9 depending on your choices on Aug 7, one with a CG and one without. Get the ingredients from Umi, Kyouko, and the Port for the CG version. Get the ingredients from the Road, the Port, and the Mountain for the other version.
- 7/29 PM Lighthouse
- 7/30 PM Lighthouse
- 7/31 PM Lighthouse
- 8/1 PM Lighthouse
- 8/4 PM Lighthouse
- 8/5 PM Lighthouse: Pick ‘Look for what she wants to do together’
*The last event can be done on either 8/5 or 8/6, but you don't get a second chance at the choice.
- 7/31 PM Country Road: Pick ‘Observe her’ then ‘Ask about her family’ when it pops up.
- 8/2 PM Candy Store
- 8/3 PM Candy Store
- 8/6 PM Candy Store
- 8/6 Night: Pick ‘Go take a look’
The search events on 7/31 and 8/3 won’t fail if you pick the wrong answer. The 8/6 event, however, will give you a Bad End if you make the wrong choice. If you say that Kyouko looks like she’s 17 years old during the prologue, you will get a third option during the 8/4 event.
- 7/29 AM Town Hall Road
- 7/30 AM Town Hall Road: Pick ‘I’ll help’
- 7/31 AM Town Hall Road: ‘Shrine’ is the correct answer
- 8/3 AM Town Hall Road: ‘Chimney’ is the correct answer
- 8/4 AM Town Hall Road
- 8/6 AM Town Hall Road: Pick ‘The most dilapidated bird house’
You’ll unlock a CG on Aug 8th by picking ‘Have her help me change clothes’, but you won’t get all variations in one playthrough. After you clear 3 routes, you’ll unlock what I call [Onii-chan Mode]. You’ll get a different variation of Kamome’s CG depending on whether you’re in that mode or not. You can do them in any order, and you can always go back and do it after finishing the game.
Once you’ve cleared the 4 heroine routes, you can go onto doing the 2 true routes. There are no required choices in either of them. When you’ve cleared the true routes, you will unlock a screenshot generator under Extra on the main menu.