This guide contains some simple and advanced tips to keep in mind during Grifball.
Several Important Tips
- The Gravity Hammer is your primary dueling weapon and used for mobility. The Energy Sword is used as bait or to take out Grifball holders.
- Left Click and then jump with the hammer to propel yourself best. Timing varies based on the distance you want.
- You can also use this “Gravity Jump” after attacking an opponent–if you accidentally click too early in a duel and expect to be punished, jump after attacking and you will retreat safely. You can also do this after a kill if the Grifball holder runs past you.
- If you’re caught up close after swinging with the Gravity Hammer, you can do a basic melee attack faster than a regular hammer attack would ready.
- While holding the Grifball, here are some basic strategies: you can either push behind your team if they are aggressive, or stay far enough so that the enemies will put away their energy swords and then jump over them. Experiment and learn from deaths.
- In Grifball Dash, while you almost always use the dodge for mobility, the sprint ability can be used to bait early parries from Grifball holders, and unlock dodge, is not easy to punish and thus can be used to gain an advantage in mid-range combat.
Recommended for You
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Campaign Tips and Tricks (Halo Reach)
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Advanced Guide for Ranked 4v4
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – How to Install Reshade (+ Video)
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – All Collectibles / Datapads in Halo Reach
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection – Xbox Live Account for Steam Version of the Game