So I tried just about everything to get this game to run on my Steam Deck. In the end I gave up. But tonight I was following a guide to run Batman Arkham Asylum which fixed the issues i was having with that game.
Guide to Run the Game on Steam Deck
- First, you will want to go out to desktop mode.
- Open the Discover app, and install ProtonUp-QT. Open it.
- Add Proton GE – Select “Add Version” and download the latest version of Proton-GE.
- Go back to the Deck UI, aka “Gaming Mode”.
- Open the properties for Call of Pripyat.
- Then go to the “Compatibility” tab, and select the Proton-GE version you downloaded.
- Enjoy the game Stalkers!
If you get any weird rendering artifacts when you get to the menu Change the render mode to Full Dynamic lighting, ie not the directx11 one.