How to set the game to a widescreen resolution.
Set the Resolution
- Launch Cold Fear through your Steam library.
- Go to Settings -> Screen Resolution -> Select the highest resolution possible, it makes no difference if it is your monitor's native resolution or not.
- Example: My monitor's native resolution is 1366 x 768. In the game options I selected 1600 x 1200 and it worked perfectly in widescreen.
- Restart your game and wait for it to appear, it may take half a minute.
Not Launching Issue
If by mistake you selected a lower resolution and now your game isn't launching, to fix this and set the recommended resolution in this guide do the following:
- Right-click Cold Fear in your Steam library -> Click "Properties" -> Click "Local Files" tab -> Click "Browse Local Files".
- Find and delete "res.bin".
- Launch Cold Fear through your Steam library and set up the highest resolution possible.
- Restart the game and wait for it to appear, it may take half a minute.