Easy to follow build order sheets. Build orders with a similar start are combined together to minimize the number of sheets. This guide contains 11 build orders in 3 sheets.
I originally created these sheets for personal use. I tried to write them in a way that’s easy to follow while playing. I grouped build orders with a similar start together, and put 2 build order groups on each sheet, so I can fold the sheet vertically and have a build order on each side.
This guide contains 11 build orders (9 land and 2 water) in 3 sheets.
Build Order Sheets
How to Read the Build Order
- F = Food (only Sheep and Boar)
- Fr = Farm
- B = Berries
- W = Wood
- G = Gold
- S = Stone
- Fv = Villagers currently working on Sheep or Boar
- Bv = Villagers currently working on Berries
- Pop 7 | 4 to wood” means at Pop 7, the next 4 vills (pop 8 to 11) go to wood.
- Pop 22 | 2 Fv to Wood” means at Pop 22, 2 vills that are working on Sheep / Boar go to wood
Created military units are not counted in Pop.
Like most build orders, this does not include many small details, so if you’re a new player remember to:
- Make houses (build 2 houses at the start).
- Scout your map, you need to find your 8 sheep and 2 boars.
- Lure the 2nd boar before the 1st one runs out, kill the sheep and boar right under the TC and try to only kill one at a time.
- Build a 2nd lumber-camp once you have 6-8 vills on the first.
- Create military units: usually, 3 for the men at arms, 3-5 for the scouts, and non-stop production for the rest
- Get double bit axe ASAP, get attack upgrades for archers, and bloodlines / defense upgrades for knights.
- For water maps, fishing ships should always get the deep fish first and not the shore fish.
Men at arms into archers
Very common build order, the 3 Men at arms are used to disrupt your opponent’s eco, and buy you some time to mass your archers, new players should start by learning a normal archer rush build order first (without men at arms).
Men at arms into Towers
Requires more multitasking and micro then other build orders, not recommended for new player.
Another very common build order, usually you go for 3-5 scouts, but you can add more if needed.
Fast castle build orders are usually used in closed maps (like arena or black forest), or as a pocket in team games. Can be used in open maps but it’s risky and requires you to fully wall your base against feudal rushes.
They are also easier to learn than other build orders.
Can be used in any water map that has deep fish, your first 4 fishing ships need to be on deep fish for the build order to work. Consider walling your base for the full water build order.