Some basic tips for starting out in the Hunter: Call of the Wild. Some may be more helpful than others.
Tips for Hunting
I would give a few quick tips that I use a lot when I play.
- Don’t run unless you are travelling between locations. (ATV is also great for this). Running will spook any animals that are close by.
- Running/walking on the roads is quieter than running/walking in the vegetation.
- Wearing a backpack increases your visibility and noise levels significantly.
- Don’t use callers too often. It spooks the animals. I tend to call at 30 – 45 second intervals. This one really bugs me when I play in multiplayer.
- ATV’s are useful but they do scare animals. I used to use them all the time. But i wont be seen dead using one now.
- Having your flaslight on at night does not spook the animals or increase your visibility level. I sometimes find it easier to spot an animal I’m tracking without it.
- Keep you weapon loaded. There is nothing worse than having an animal nearby and you can’t shoot it. And it can be handy if there’s a bear nearby.
- Hunting pressure. When you down an animal a purple spot appears on your map at the place you shot it. It roughly takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to appear. No shot = no kill. The pinker/purpler the spot the more chances of animals avoiding the area. Best to move around.