There are seven types of objects that you can interact with.
- Wheat straws
- Gasoline can
- Diary Pages*
* They are not needed for gameplay purposes as far as I know.
- Interact with the world using “E” key.
- Drop items by pressing “G”.
- Press “F” to toggle flashlight on and off.
- Hold “Right Mouse Button” to burn the crawling demons or to stun the witch.
- You can only carry one item at a time.
The Main Objectives
- Find the keys scattered throughout the map
- Open new doors
- Find new keys
- Open goat cages
- Collect straws of wheat
- Drop the wheat by pressing “G” when you are close to a goat, wait for the goat to arrive to the wheat
- Pick up the goat
- Carry the goat to the bonfire and place it
- Burn the goat using the canister
- Repeat until you burn 10 goats
Each burning column around the bonfire represents a goat.
What to Do when She Gets Mad
Once you burn a goat, she will get mad and start chasing.
- You can run and kite her around the map to buy your friends time and then get healed up by a friend using a medkit when she injures you.
- You can stun her with the UV light(Right mouse button)
Note: Some players have reported that She can open the doors, I do not know for sure though.
Note: She seems to get crazier with each goat burned. Leaving you less time to gather the remaining goats.
What to Do when You are Knocked Out
If you get knocked down, your friends can pick up a medkit and use it on you.
Also crawling demons will spawn when you burn a goat. Just use the UV light on the demons to banish/burn them.
Tips and Tricks
Nightmare mode disables UV light.
If you want to collect all 25 Roses, try single player without burning goats. They don’t have to be collected in a single run.
Hiding in a room with fleshlight off sometimes causes her to run past you, so it’s not always advised to panic. The conditions of her seeking you out and actually finding you are yet unclear.
All items spawn infinitely (as of current patch, if they do not then it is a bug). Making the game rather easy with a full group with one guy dedicated to finding medkits and killing demons.
She grows horns after burning the 6th goat, indicating that she is more aggressive.
You can lure goats into a room and lock them inside for easy access later.
Calming her down depends on the amount of goats sacrificed. The more goats sacrificed the harder it gets to calm her.
- Goats 1-3 are very easy. Mostly one stun and she’s calm.
- Goats 4-6 might take two stuns or more to calm her down.
- Goats 7-9 and you’re gambling with your life. Stun and run. Hiding is best method here.
On Nightmare mode you do not even get a UV light so stunning her or thinking about calming her down is not an option at all. Thus it is quite obvious that calming her down is not a reliable option.
From experience I would stun and run when goat 7-8 is burned. Stunning her when goat 9 is burned requires optimal conditions or she will catch you. Also starting from Goat #7 I would not rely on calming her down at all. If it works, it’s only for short moments. Trying to calm her down excessively will cost you time and resources.
Further testing shows that you can definitely become completely invisible to her most of the time. Making the flashlight not only useless but counter productive.
At this point I use the flashlight rarely when I need to pin point a door or something. I use the uv only to strategically remove some of the demons that I know will become problems eventually.
It is often the safest method to just crouch in the dark and not move at all. She will literally bump into you at times and not grab you. Try it out yourself. 9/10 I am completely safe, running nightmare matches without getting grabbed once.
Also: Please don’t hog keys. Learn which keys there are and what doors they open. If you grab a key, pay attention which one it is and make sure to unlock that door as soon as you can. Nothing worse than having office or library locked until endgame. Or even worse, having only one door unlocked while another one is still locked, which could lead to an unfortunate end.