No sound in Bioshock? No guide seems to work? This guide might help you fix the sound problem of the original Bioshock game when you have Realtek onboard.
I have created this guide because I was desperatly searching for a sound fix and no guide worked in my case.
Open Windows Control Panel
There are many ways to open the control panel. Simplest way in my opinion is:
- Right Click on the Windows Symbol in the Task Bar.
- Type in: Control Panel and then select Control Panel.
- Windows Control Panel should be open now.
Edit Sound Devices
No worries. It sounds more complex than it is. Once Windows Control Panel is open, search for a little Speaker Icon which says Sound.
- Double Click on the Speaker Icon and the window opens up.
- Go to Recording.
- Right click in the empty white space.
- Select Show Disabled Devices.
Now a device named Stereo Mix Realtek High Definiton Audio should've shown up.
- Right Click on it.
- Enable Device.
Once all steps have been completed, you can start Bioshock again. Sound problems should be fixed now.