Never, ever have a party size larger than 12-13
As soon as you go over this limit:
- Micro-management becomes extremely tedious
- You will start to have long-time party members die to BS due to level/power scaling
- You will spend tens of thousands of gold trying to gear them all
- Enemy groups will scale to absolutely ridiculous sizes (in adaptive mode)
- You will burn out extremely quickly when playing
The sweet-spot is absolutely 12-13 companions. You’ll prioritize and care about each one of them.
I usually run:
- 2x Dagger (Medium Armor)
- 2x Bow (Light Armor)
- 1x Harpoon (Medium Armor)
- 1x 1H Axe (Heavy Armor)
- 1x 2H Mace (Heavy Armor)
- 1x 1H Sword (Heavy Armor)
- 3x Ponies
That’s 12. You can eg. 1 more Axe/Mace/Sword if you wish.
This is by far the most fun way to play I have found.
- You can gear your troop fast enough.
- Cover all professions comfortably.
- Have between 500-700 carrying capacity between lvl 8-12.
- The perks you get are the most useful with this kind of troop and upgrading perks can be extremely powerful.
- You can also make use of the best legendaries with a troop like this.
Battles are challenging but not ridiculous.
Use the map of Wartales with all POI’s to plan your journey and future battles!
What about animals? I don’t use those. They are totally unbalanced. Wolves and Boars suck. Mosquitoes and Bears are OP as heck. Animals eat way too much food. Though food does not become a problem later in the game, I still always encourage focus on eating RELEVANT food. So it can be extremely annoying when you are being asked to fill 50-70 food consumption per rest. Bear food consumption is just mental.
What about achievement for having 20 people in your troop? If you care so much about that, capture a bunch of boars or whatever to get it and then eat them all.
Be the first to comment