Here You can learn how to unlock the brand new Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane and also every spell and cheat code currently in the game.
Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane
For many cheats, first you’ll have to unlock the Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane!
The Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane is a relic located in The Bone Zone. Once collected, it permanently unlocks the secret menu, which offers hints to find secret characters, and allows the player to cast Spells.
How to Unlock
The Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane is dropped by the Skull Pile in The Bone Zone, who can be located using the Milky Way Map.
Once Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane has been collected, it can no longer be dropped by the Skull Pile, though said Skull Pile still spawns every time you start a run in The Bone Zone.
This relic may be a reference to the movie Morbius, a film in which the main character, Dr. Michael Morbius, is a vampire.
Spell & Cheat Codes
Spell is a mechanic that allows for the usage of cheat codes to unlock characters, stages, relics, etc. Most cheat codes must be entered in the Secrets menu, unlocked by collecting the Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane, however some must be entered on the main menu.
For codes that are not entered on the Secrets menu, each key must be typed within two seconds of the last one for the code to be registered. Arrow keys must be used for directional inputs.
Main Menu and Others
- Mortaccio – up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, escape, enter
- Toastie – After unlocking Exdash, damaging Stalker, Drowner, and Trickster with Minecart, Rosary, Gorgeous Moon, Infinite Corridor, and Crimson Shroud (Pentagram only in Cappella Magna and they disappear after the Ender fight) and type down and enter when it shows up at the bottom right corner and yells “panini”.
- Smith IV – After unlocking Toastie, type “spam” in the main menu; enters character select menu, type “spam” again; enters stage select menu, type “spam” once more; enter a run, press “humbug”, all within 30 seconds.
- Game Killer (0), Mad Groove (VIII), Out of Bounds (XII), Disco of Gold (XV), and Silent Old Sanctuary (XX) – “aintnobodygottimeforthat”
- Petting and healing O’Sole during a run (one time per run) – “pet”
- Grim Grimoire – “thisshouldhavebeenunlockedbydefault”
- Ars Gouda – “thistooshouldhavebeenunlockedbydefault”
- Milky Way Map – “leadmetothecheese”
- Magic Banger – “thankelrond”
- Sorceress’ Tears – “timecompression”
- Glass Vizard – “eggseggseggs”
- Yellow Sign – “ihaveseenitihaveseenitihaveseenitihaveseenitihaveseenitihaveseenitihaveseenit”
- Mindbender – “teleportustomars”
- Great Gospel – “icanhearthecriesofcaptainplanet”
- Randomazzo and Sarabande of Healing (VI) – “randomazzami”
- Il Molise – “relaxenjoylife”
- Moongolow – “honesty”
- Green Acres – “dotgogreenacres”
- The Bone Zone – “rottingpizza”
- Boss Rash – “peakgamedesign”
The spell also unlocks their respective Hyper Mode toggle.
- Arca Ladonna – “noneladonna”
- Porta Ladonna – “vivaladonna”
- Lama Ladonna – “superladonna”
- Poe Ratcho – “strongestcharacter”
- Suor Clerici – “faschiuma”
- Dommario – “bioparco”
- Krochi Freetto – “accidenti”
- Christine Davain – “crystalmakeup”
- Yatta Cavallo and Cherry Bomb – “yattapanda”
- Bianca Ramba and Carréllo – “carramba”
- O’Sole Meeo and Celestial Dusting – “reset”
- Sir Ambrojoe and La Robba – “languorino”
- Exdash Exiviiq – “x-x1viiq” (also works in main menu) or “exdashexoneviiq”
- Toastie – “tramezzini” (Exdash must be unlocked)
- Boon Marrabbio – “fettinepanate”
- Minnah Mannarah – “foldinthecheese”
- Leda – “iwillneverletyouforgetaboutme”
- Cosmo Pavone – “lhovistoio”
- Peppino – “pinociampino”
- Big Trouser and Candybox – “earrivatolarrotino”
- Gains Boros – “highfive”
- Gyorunton and Bracelet – “secondevolution”
- Mask of the Red Death – “ablasphemousmockery”
- Spin the UI – “spinnn”
- The code to unlock Mortaccio is the famous Konami code.
- The code to unlock Exdash is a reference to the cheat code X-X!V”Q used in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which also gives the main hero Alucard a very high Luck stat in exchange for other stats being lower.
- The code to unlock Il Molise is a reference to its description.
- The code to unlock the time gated Arcanas is a reference to a viral YouTube video of Kimberly “Sweet Brown” Wilkins being interviewed after having escaped a fire in an apartment complex.
- The code to unlock Mindbender is a reference to the quote “C’mon Teletubby, teleport us to Mars!” by Tammie Brown in RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- The code to pet and heal O’Sole is a reference to petting dogs in video games popularized by the twitter account Can You Pet The Dog? noting which video game allows the player to interact with a dog.
- The account has also noted the code to heal O’Sole for this game.
- The code to unlock O’Sole shares its name with the credits theme for Okami, “Reset”.
- The code to unlock Toastie is a reference to Mortal Kombat II, where to fight the hidden character Smoke, players would have to play on a specific stage and wait for Dan Forden to appear and say “Toasty” before pressing Down + Start.
- The code to unlock Smith is a reference to a cheat code in Ultima VI by talking to Lolo, then typing “spam”, enter, “spam”, enter, “spam”, enter, “humbug”, and enter.
- The code to unlock Gains may be a reference to the multiple awkward high fives in Final Fanstasy VII Remake.
- The code to unlock Great Gospel is a reference to the theme “You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet” which plays in the Forgotten City. The code has the “the” replaced with “captain”, referencing Captain Planet.
- The code to unlock Gyorunton is a reference to Star Ocean: Second Evolution, a remake of the PlayStation game Star Ocean: The Second Story. One of the optional characters in the game is the main inspiration for the design and name of Gyorunton.
- The code to unlock Leda is a reference to Sorceress Adel from Final Fantasy VIII, who, through radio interference phenomena, shows several messages at the Timber TV Station’s screen, one of which is “I WILL NEVER LET YOU FORGET ABOUT ME”.
- The code to unlock Big Trouser is the sentence “è arrivato l’arrotino”, which is a refrain spoken over loudspeaker by knife grinders in Italy as they drive around small towns to attract attention.
- If one enters the “spinnn” spell and closes the secrets menu while the UI is spinning, the background of the main menu will freeze and remain pivoted at an unusual angle until the spell is entered again.
You May Also Read
- Vampire Survivors – How to Unlock the Holy Forbidden Stage and Obtain the Yellow Sign
- Vampire Survivors – Ultimate Mortaccio Guide (Farming & Killing Machine)
- Vampire Survivors – Tips to Obtain XV – Disco of Gold Achievement
- Vampire Survivors – How to Reset the Game
- Vampire Survivors – Tips for Winning a Map and Trying to Beat Death