A guide to making a map with more than 1 Lord on an estate.
- Go to map editor and set up a new Custom War map. You can probably do this on existing maps but make sure to backup first.
- Set up 2 castle estates. Assign one to yourself and one to another Lord.
- Place both lords in your map (You can place other units if you want to convert them too).
- Save your map and play it.
- Now the map is playing make a save and quit the map.
- Find your game save in Documents/Stronghold2/saves.
- Copy your save into Documents/Stronghold2/maps.
- Rename the file extension from .sh2 to .s2m.
- Go back into the Stronghold 2 editor and load your converted save (it will be the newest).
- Delete your Lord from the map.
- Swap control of the estates with the other Lord.
- Place your Lord back into the map.
- Repeat the process for more Lords.
- Potentially forget all the above and try this instead.
As you may have noticed from the pictures I mod Stronghold 2. The guide still works on unmodded versions.
I’m working on a complete overhaul (or as much as I can) of SH2 and don’t want to undo the work I have done so far to investigate how I am able to do this.
I suspect it is simply because I have replaced my Lord with Vlad from Legends and given him a different weapon, but I don’t know for sure, so try it out yourself.