4K Partial Screen Resolution Issues Fix
I have 4K monitor which I have set to 150% scaling in Windows display settings. When starting the game I could see only the top left 1/4 of the starting screens with the remaining 3/4 black. So I was unable to click the OK in the warning screen.
Fullscreen Optimizations & High DPI Scaling
Disable fullscreen optimizations by following the steps below. So you can fix some performance issues. Also, by changing the high DPI scaling setting, you will fix the blurry text and graphics problem.
- Go to the folder where the game is installed (Steam Library > Right-click on New World Preview > Manage > Browse local files)
- Mine was: F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\New World Public Test\
- Open the Bin64 folder
- Then right click on Javelin_x64.exe
- Select Properties
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Tick the Disable fullscreen optimizations
- Then click on the “Change high DPI settings” button.
- Under the “High DPI scaling override” section, tick the “Override high DPI scaling behavior“.
- Use the “Scaling performed by:” drop-down menu and select the “Application”.
- Click on the OK and again OK.
And also, apply the same changes for NewWorldLauncher.exe in the game’s main folder.