These things are pretty straightforward, but there’s a lot of straightforward things out there that people need explained to them nowadays for whatever reason. Just sit down, shut up, and learn.
In this guide, I will separate the achievements into two sections, General and Career Mode. Let’s get started with the General achievements.
- Rookie – Race 10 races. Simple enough.
- Pro – Race 25 races. God, I’m good at making these things.
- Veteran – Race 50 races.
- Hall of Famer – Race 100 races. That’s right, no achievement for 75. Get that outta here.
- Legend – Race 200 races.
- Checkered Flag – Win a race. Just one, simple race.
- Perfect 10 – Win 10 races.
- New Fan Favorite – Win 26 races. This number seems completely arbitrary.
- Get Smoked – Win 49 races. Earn more career wins than Tony “Smoke” Stewart. Stewart is on the cover of the Gold Edition for Heat 5.
- Not Intimidated – Win 77 races. This is a reference to Dale “The Intimidator” Earnhardt, Sr.’s career wins – a total of 76 wins – and the fact that you, the player, have surpassed it.
- Over the Rainbow – Win 94 races. This is a reference to Jeff Gordon’s career wins – a total of 93 wins – and the fact that you, the player, have surpassed the number of wins earned by the Rainbow Warrior, a nickname given to Jeff due to the rainbow scheme his Dupont machine ran for quite a while.
- Long Live The King – Win 200 races. This is a reference to the career wins of Richard “The King” Petty, with a NASCAR record of 200 wins under his belt.
- Stretching the Legs – Win a race with 25% length. Stages are optional.
- Ready to Go – Win a race with 50% length.
- Test Of Endurance – Complete a 100% length race. The quick, fun, and easy way to get this achievement and it’s partner achievement Endurance Champion (win a 100% race) is to just run an Xtreme Dirt Tour race at 100%. It’s even easier if you do it in a maxed out Career Mode XDT car, those things are like a six star team.
- Tour The Tracks – Race at every track. Yes, this means you have to play the Xtreme Dirt Tour. Just play a few seasons of Career Mode.
- Dirt King – Win a race at every dirt track. Just fire up the XDT and lower the difficulty and race length as far as it will go.
- Road Warrior – Win at every road course. Not sure if Jefferson (Xtreme Dirt Tour road course) counts as one of the road courses for this.
- Short and Sweet – Win at every short track.
- Super Speedster – Win at every superspeedway.
- Best at All the Rest – Win at every speedway.
- Head to Head Winner – Win a split screen race. Yes, that’s right, split screen on a PC game. Thankfully, the Steam Remote play feature will make this easier than it sounds. Just bribe a friend with like a Counter-Strike skin or something.
- Couch Champion – Be the split screen champion after 4 races. This achievement was glitched a bit in Heat 4 so I have no idea if it works here.
- Challenge Accomplished – Completed a challenge Good luck.
- Force to be Reckoned With – Complete half of the challenges.
- King of the Hill – Complete all challenges. okay idkplayer calm down it’s just a game
- Online Racer – Complete a multiplayer race. No, split screen does not count. Good luck finding a lobby and/or people to play with.
- Online Veteran – Complete 10 multiplayer races.
- Online Victory – Win a multiplayer race. Good luck in public lobbies.
- Online Domination – Win 10 multiplayer races.
And this should just about do it for the General Achievements. I think.
Now that we’ve gotten the General Achievements out of the way, let’s place our focus on Career Mode.
- Small Step – Started a season. Simple enough.
- Who Am I – Create a character. You know, your driver. The representation of YOU. Then again, just like every other custom character you make that’s not in a LEGO game, you’re going to choose the female model cause it has a better butt, right? Don’t lie to me.
- Pimp My Ride – Create a custom car. Heck, you don’t even need to go to career mode for this one or the driver one, they’re right there in the main menu.
- Ridin’ Dirty – Complete a full Xtreme Dirt Tour season. They see you rollin’, they hatin’, patrollin’ and tryin’ to catch you white and nerdy.
- Truck’n – Complete a full NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series season.
- Journeyman – Complete a full NASCAR Xfinity Series season.
- No More Yellow Stripes – Complete a full NASCAR Cup Series Season. This is a reference to the yellow stripes on the back end of cars whose drivers are in their rookie season.
- Dirty Winner – Win an Xtreme Dirt Tour championship.
- V is for Victory – Win a NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series championship. This achievement is glitched in Heat 4 and would not be awarded. No clue if it is the same way in Heat 5. If it is, try contacting the developers in their Discord server. We here at Soaring Eagle Motorsports do NOT condone the use of Steam Achievement Manager.
- Unstoppable – Win a NASCAR Xfinity Series championship.
- The Peak – Win a NASCAR Cup Series championship.
- First of Many – Win the Xtreme Dirt Tour playoffs. Don’t ask, just go with it.
- Big Step Up – Win the NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series playoffs.
- Who’s Next – Win the NASCAR Xfinity Series playoffs
- Best of the Best – Win the NASCAR Cup Series playoffs. This is because you’re one of the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best…
- Rubbing is Racing – Make a rival. To do this, just be a complete jerk on the track consistently to one guy over and over. This is a reference to a famous line in the movie Days of Thunder.
- Don’t Get In My Wat – Make 3 rivals. Friendly reminder that creating rivals can be disabled in the options menu.
- Why Can’t We Be Friends – Make an ally. Just drive cleanly and don’t cause flamewars on Twitter.
- We Can Be Friends – Make 3 allies. Now you can call yourselves the Axis or something. haha funny world war 2 joak haha
- Just Getting Started – Complete one career season.
- Seasoned Driver – Complete five career seasons.
- Grizzled Veteran – Complete ten career seasons. This is gonna take some dedication Or liberal use of the simulation feature.
- Hauling – Finish a NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series season in career.
- One Down – Finish a NASCAR Xfinity Series season in career.
- Start of Something Great – Finish a NASCAR Cup Series season in career.
- Getting Noticed – Earn a spot in the Xtreme Dirt Tour playoffs in career.
- Getting Somewhere – Get a spot in the Truck playoffs in career.
- Time to Shine – Get a spot in the Xfinity playoffs in career.
- Playing with the Big Boys – Get a spot in the NCS playoffs in career.
- So It Begins – Sign with an Xtreme Dirt Tour series team.
- Moving on Up – Sigh with a Truck series team.
- Almost There – Sign with an Xfinity team.
- A Seat at the Table – Sign with a NCS team.
- Established Competitor – Won a race in career mode.
- Millionaire – Earn 1 million dollars in career. Guess what, Dr. Evil? If you pre-ordered the Gold Edition of the game you start career mode with $1.4 million dollars so it’s ezpz if you had cash before July 7th.
- Multi-Millionaire – Earn 5 million dollars in career.
- Rolling in the Dough – Earn 50 million dollars. Thank GOD there’s no taxes or IRS in this game.
- Car Collector – Own 6 cars in any single series. This is the section of the achievement list where it applies to you owning a team in career mode instead of just signing on to one.
- Full Team – Hire 12 employees in any single series.
- State of the Art Facilities – Max out all departments in any single series.
- Employee of the Year – Max out all stats on 1 employee in any single series.
- Welcome to the Team – Hire your first employee.
- Back to School – Train your first employee.
- Head of the Class – Max out a single stat on an employee.
- Wonderful Toys – Max out a single department.
And that’s every achievement in NASCAR Heat 5. Good luck getting 100%!
Is It Possible to 100% Nascar Heat 5?
No clue. Knowing previous games in the franchise, probably not. Heat 4 wouldn’t award you the achievement for winning a Truck Series championship. Heat 2 wouldn’t award you the achievement for getting $25 million in career mode (that was the Rolling in the Dough achievement, ever since Heat 3 and the advent of “hey we can do stuff with our money now” the requirements have been amped up to $50mil). Heat Evolution was, well Heat Evolution.
Hopefully with Heat 6 being on a brand new engine, be it Unreal or some homebrew’d engine made from the ground up, these issues will go away. But who knows? Certainly not me.