Tips for finding the hidden ghost drawings.
Guide to Find Ghost Drawings
Ghost drawings are the hardest collectible to find in the game due to being invisible until you’re right in front of them. The methods of finding them are also frustratingly inconsistent. None of these tips are universal, but they provide a good starting place. To get started
- Look for the ethereal ghost markings. Not every ghost marking means there is a ghost drawing around, but every ghost drawing has a ghost marking near it (except one). More on this later.
- Look on impassible walls. You usually can’t phase through the walls the ghost drawings are on, which is convenient for walking along them. There are a decent amount of drawings on phasable walls, however.
- Look for large blank walls. A couple drawings have some objects in front of it, but the wall itself is blank (no windows, paintings, etc.)
- When free-roaming Salem, you will typically need to use a ghost power (phasing or hiding) to get to the wall the drawing is on.
Using the ghost markings is the best way to find ghost drawings. Many will probably notice the ghost markings are near the drawings they’ve found, but might give up due to all the meaningless ghost markings. To properly use them, you need to know the different markings.
You should primarily be using Markings 1 and 2 to find the ghost drawings. All ghost drawings (except one) are at least somewhat close to one of these markings.
Confusingly enough, if you are in Salem town, seeing two of these close together means there are 2 ghost drawings in the vicinity. In a level, seeing 2 close together means they’re pointing to the same drawing.
Markings 1 and 2 will not always point to something, but the vast majority of the time it will. I’ve made a full list of markings like this at the end.
Drawings 3 and 4 do not directly mean anything. They will often appear near Markings 1 and 2 and can help you find them in Salem town, but are often randomly placed on actual levels. Do not look for the ghost drawings if you only see these.
Number of Ghost Drawings Per Section
Here’s a quick reference guide to how many ghost drawings to look for in each section
- Level 1: Apartments: 2
- Level 2: Church: 2
- Level 3: Police Station: 2
- Level 4: Cemetery: 2
- Level 5: Asylum: 4
- Level 6: Museum: 2
- Level 7: Second Church Visit: 1
- Level 8: Judgement House: 0
- Salem Town: 8
To start out, the section with the drawing without any markings near it is Level 1 . The location of this marking is on the 3rd floor, in the apartment near the bottom of the stairwell to the 4th floor.
Markings 1 and 2 that don’t point to anything appear in.
Level 1: At the very beginning of the level, Markings 1 and 2 appear on the stairs without pointing to anything.
Level 6: Markings 1 and 2 appear on the 3rd floor in a room beyond the restoration room without pointing to anything.
Salem: Marking 1 appears in the park without pointing to anything.
Markings on phasable walls appear in
- Level 1: 1 total
- Level 3: 1 total
- Level 5: 2 total
- Level 6: 1 total
Be the first to comment