The western release of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster comes with an truly AWFUL font! The solution to fixing it is incredibly simple!
How to Fix the Awful Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Font in 2 Minutes
As you already know if you’re reading this, the western release of the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters have an absolutely AWFUL font that makes them look unnecessary ugly… and an accessibility nightmare.
The solution to fixing it is hilariously simple!
Quick Video Guide
- Right click the game in your library
- Select “Browse Local Files”
- Navigate to FINAL FANTASY_DATA/StreamingAssets
- Move font_en.bundle and font_en.manifest out of the folder
- Copy / Paste font_ja.bundle and font_ja.manifest
- DO NOT DELETE THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS!
- Rename font_ja.bundle and font_ja.manifest to font_en.bundle and font_en.manifest
And voila! Simply load up the game and it should run with the much improved font, which is far less hideous to look at and much easier to read!