Grades are a new ranking game mechanic introduced in patch 5.2.0.
Grades do not represent your match making rating. Unlike the old system did, grades marely represent a reward system.
- Grades are broken up into five groupings: Ash, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Iridescent.
- Each grouping has four sub-groupings: IV, III, II, I.
- Rank 20 = Ash IV, Rank 19 = Ash III, Rank 18 = Ash II, Rank 17 = Ash I, Rank 16 = Bronze IV, etc.
- It is no longer possible to lose enough pips to lose a Grade.
Skill Based Matchmaking – SBMM is a new type of matchmaking that uses a hidden skill rating instead of ranks to create fairer matches. This rating increases when you do well and decreases when you do poorly.
On the 13th of each month, grades reset to Ash IV (but the SBMM rating will be unchanged) and you’ll receive up to 250,000 Bloodpoints depending on how far you’ve managed to climb. You’ll be rewarded for each role separately, so playing both sides can reap double the rewards.
- Ash IV, III, II, I (Rank 20-17) = 10,000
- Bronze IV, III, II, I (Rank 16-13) = 30,000
- Silver IV, III, II, I (Rank 12-9) = 100,000
- Gold IV, III, II, I (Rank 8-5) = 150,000
- Iridescent IV, III, II (Rank 4, 3, 2) = 200,000; 210,000; 225,000 respectively
- Iridescent I (Rank 1) = 250,000