How does the weather work? Is it organic in the sense random weather or are certain areas zones tied to certain static conditions? Read below.
Definitive Guide to Weather
Weather: at the moment falls into two or three categories:
- Not tied to specific screens; it can begin raining or finish raining while you’re on a screen, and rain can span multiple screens.
- Not short-lived when it happens; I’ve had up to maybe ~2 hour play sessions where it’s raining pretty consistently, even if I travel around a bit.
- Sometimes buggy. When it rains you get a “wet” effect card put on you, which has the effect that your energy (“health,” roughly) drains more quickly, forcing you to rest and/or eat more often. You sometimes get that effect card even if there is no visual/audio indication of rain, and you sometimes get the visual/audio indication of rain without the “wet” effect.
- Nothing to take lightly: fog has a significant visual impact, limiting your ability to easily discern what’s going on on-screen.
- Also can come and go while you’re on a screen.
- Also can occur across multiple screens, but generally feels more short-lived than rain.
You might not normally think of this as “weather,” but playing during night:
- Puts a “night” effect card on you, which has the effect that your energy (“health,” roughly) drains more quickly, forcing you to rest and/or eat more often.
- And is intended to signal greater danger outside of towns and off the main road.
- Night is pervasive across the world and long-lasting: from in-game dusk to in-game dawn.