What to press? This guide is meant as a quick pull up to see what the keybinds are if you (like me) just jump straight into the game and wonder ??? now.
- Escape/Q – open main menu
- WASD – Movement
- Hold right click and mouse move – Camera
- Left click – Dig at cursor
- Scroll mouse wheel – zoom camera AND choose dig size (more zoomed = smaller tool)
- Tab – Open inventory
- E – Interact (open door, get on horse, gather water)
- Note! hold E to get out of a car
- F – Torch (or lights in a car)
- C or middle mouse – place a marker (place them in a loop to make a boundary)
- Delete – remove a marker
- Space – jump (brake when in a car)
- Shift – Hold to run
- 1,2,3 – Horse speed
- 4 – open minimap
- 5 – open/close journal/notebook
Notes: You can’t use many commands on horseback.
Apparently Shift & + or – alters time of day, but I don’t have those keys on my keyboard. You can get daylight back by resting in your tent.
From the main menu, go to “demo” mode to learn the basics. Really, it’s a good idea to do this – this guide will help in game, but the demo area gives a good quick intro to all controls.