Beginner’s tips for first playthrough.
Garage Days / Starting Tips
First Things First
Every time you unlock an Achievement, you get a permanent Perk point to be used at the start of a new game.
Perks provide bonuses to various actions your band can do, such as writng songs, playing gigs, recording/publishing albums.
Which means that THE most difficult playthrough will always be THE VERY FIRST time you play the game, so don’t despair – it gets easier, for real.
- Play at least one concert tour per year. If a band member complains about no concerts, the Mood will drop.
- When you start a career, your band will suck due to low stats, so try doing two tours the first year, each time only selecting three cities from each preferred music type (Emotion/Aggressive/Technical).
- During first year DON’T tour the cities where they like Your genre of music – the requirements are higher for succesful tour and your band might not make it.
- If any of members’ starting attributes are below 10, train them immediately.
- Spend money wisely on training – I recommend raising all traits by 5 after every album.
- When recording a live album, DON’T do encores – the amount of notes to overdub later in the studio will be insanely high and you WON’T reach 100 % of recording, thus the review score WILL be low, impacting the band happiness. For live albums, the completion percentage does NOT affect the sales, so don’t bother.
- In Flames is an awesome power, but it raises Ego (which appears once you use Dev Points to lvl your band members) – train Songwriting attribute in members, spend Perk points for Lyrics/Melody/Rhythm instead.
- When picking a starting genre, you indirectly pick which direction your Reputation should go; don’t try to swing it up & down, stick to one direction, you’ll need it to defeat one of the bands.
- Not every acheivement can be obtained during one playthrough – it’s OK to “plan a career”. Slow and steady clears 50 achevements.
- Don’t forget the power of ROCK, especially for controlling Ego levels.
- Double length album should only be attempted if you have “Study & Practice” guideline enabled and preferably when you have access to Child In Time powerup. Having all band members’ attributes raised to 100 also helps.
Be the first to comment