Reign of Darkness Guides:
The Black Moor map plus a discussion on the sandbox game and dungeons.
The Black Moor + Sandbox Discussion
The Black Moor spawns monsters ranging from level 1-25 with maybe 1 or 2 bosses level 35. This is ONE of many zones that will eventually be added to the game.
Sandbox games usually have it so the entire world you play in has value. In Reign of Darkness, all of the monsters can drop something useful. Let’s say you are level 37 and you can’t find a group for medium dungeons and don’t feel like or can’t solo regular dungeons. If you killed any monsters on the map, they could drop:
- 1) 20 Twine + 20 Leather Scrap = Random slot bag using philosopher stone.
- 2) Random white/green/blue equipment. If it isn’t an upgrade, you can use your philosophers stone to either:
- a) Select “Disenchant” and turn your green+ items into essence.
- b) Select “Common” and turn THREE random equipment items into Raw Ore/Jewelers Kits which can then be used to craft GEMS. (2 Raw Ore + Jewelers Kit has a 20% chance to become a Stat GEM)
- 3) Flawed Shards drop from any monster. 3 Essence + 1 Flawed shard = Add or upgrade stats on any item.
- 4) GOLD… If you are low on gold, you can sell equipment to the vendor for some cash. Enchanting requires gold so you need to find the balance between enchanting, disenchanting, and selling for gold.
- 5) Some of the crafting isn’t implemented yet. Things like armor scarps will eventually have a use.
Currently there are three dungeons within the Black Moor. The dungeons scale to your party leaders level. Lower level players can join higher level players in dungeons but not vice versa. Example: A level 100 can’t join a level 20 instance, BUT a level 20 can join a level 100 instance.
More players in a dungeon doesn’t effect the scaling of enemies. It is ALWAYS better to group up because other players can provide BUFFS and HEALING if they can’t contribute to TANKING and DPS.
Tip: If you are level 50 for example and you can’t find any level ~50’s to party, maybe you can find some level 20-30’s to respec into healing/buffing to aid you in completing the dungeon. This is part of the beauty of this game, you can do anything.
There are currently FOUR difficulties in dungeons:
- [Regular] – Monsters are non-elite, bosses are still elite and only soloable if you are either fully enchanted or have a tanky/healy build that can sustain mana/hp. Enchanting your gear helps as well.
- [Medium] – Monsters are elite, bosses are still elite but have a lot more health and damage. A group is highly recommended but I have seen certain specs able to solo medium.
- [Hard] – Monsters are elite with +25 monster levels. Items that drop will be higher than what you can equip. This is designed (I think) for level 100. (Read below regarding Level 100 and equipment)
- [Nightmare] – Monsters are elite with +50 monster levels. Items that drop will be higher than what you can equip. This is designed (I think) for level 100. (Read below regarding Level 100 and equipment)
At Level 100, you can equip ANY item level and remember, when enchanting gear, the maximum potential of gear is determined by the items level. So nightmare can drop item levels 150+ which can be enchanted to levels far beyond any other items in the game.