A mandatory skeleton for the Void Monk skill build while also providing my own preferred build. And after that I'll clarify the reasons why I chose this approach to Void Monk. And there will also be alternative routes you could choose to play your Void Monk. (He is called Dark Worship here, but NA name is adhered throughout.)
Introduction and Summary
Hey there you beautiful people! This is dROY (formerly KawaiSan NA) and yeah this is to all you amazing Void Monks over there! (Yeah yeah, I know Dark Worshipper and what not, but I'll call him Void Monk still). I present to you a mandatory skeleton for the Void Monk skill build while also providing my own preferred build. And after that I'll clarify the reasons why I chose this approach to Void Monk. And there will also be alternative routes you could choose to play your Void Monk. And at the end, I'll also talk about tips and imprints.
Skill Build and Explanation
So, first off is the skill build. This is a mandatory skill build layout.
Reason for not levelling up ASP (or Absolute Strike here) is there are other options that beat it, by both DPS and utility. You don't need that iframe in this version of the game and I have other alternatives (like Triple Strike > Shadow Rush - Blow spam for the iframe).
The first three skills Triple Strike, Chain Break and Turnover Kick are purely for gem generation, but we do use Chain Break for DPS before 2nd awakening.
Now there are various approaches. You can max either Chain Break or Turnover Kick, or even Triple Strike! However my personal preference order is Chain Break > Triple Strike > Turnover Kick.
If you level Chain Break, after a certain level you can awaken it. If thats how you approached (same as me, cheers!), then awaken it. This is my build with Skill Overclock active.
If you don't have Skill Overclocks, fear not! I gotchu! Just max Chain Break > Triple Strike with the rest of the points into Turnover Kick, or Chain Break > Turnover Kick and rest into Triple Strike (depending upon your preference).
These are going to be your Large Imprints, the bottom row AKA Fist of Brutal Heart.
Always focus on Tremor Kick High Imprints.
Tips and Tricks
- For rapid Dark Gem generation, turn on Auto Attack Skills from skill menu. Hold down RMB and forward key, then rapidly spam Triple Strike until you get all 3 gems. Then use Chain Break animation cancel > Turnover Kick animation cancel.
- Use you EX Hurricane Kick to your advantage to deal damage to a huge portion of a room. You can then either do some Void Kicks to gather the mobs at the center or even Void Wave (Dark Orb Wave here) > Shadow Speed (Fast Strike here)
- Learn the Void Stance (RMB) (called Prepare here) to animation cancel your gem generation skills, but beware as it can also animation cancel Iron Mountain (or Shoulder Smash here) that can be a decent contribution to your overall DPS, as its a high damage Ultra Break skill.
- Shadow Step (or Dash Chopping here) can be a great skill both for burst damage or gap closing, its a 10s CD skill so feel free to cast it to escape hard situations! One more tip that can prevent you missing the skill (as it is very easy to miss, as said by many players I played with/mentored in NA) is Void Armor > Shadow Step (or Shadow Rush - Blow > Dash chopping here).
- If you want a HUGE burst of damage for arena clears/etc., use the top row 1x imprint and bottom row 2x imprint, and then use Death Punch (or Darkness Deathfist here) with all 7 gems. Trust me I clear a lot of content in a blink of an eye with this in the KR server.
- Rush your way to primary attribute level 2. The 1s Cooldown Reduction on Triple Strike is so much of a help that Gem generation is very fast.