Stardew Valley Guides:
- How to Get the Jukebox (Update 1.4)
- Cleaning Up the Trash in Town (Trash Bear).
- The Golden Scythe and the Reaper Cave (Update 1.4)
- How to Get Tea / New Caroline Heart Event (Update 1.4)
An overview of the most notable content in 1.4 patch. This guide contains spoilers.
Character & Skills
The Forester profession now causes 25% more wood to drop from trees/stumps/logs, instead of raising the value of wood by 50%.
A new Emily heart event will now unlock a sewing machine and let you craft a lot of different clothes.
- Rice Sapling - obtainable from fishing loot and monster drops (abundant in the new Quarry mine).
- Sunflower Honey.
- Tea bushes, Tea Leaves and Green Tea - sapling is obtainable from Caroline heart event in her new room.
- Auto-Grabbers now work in the coop too.
- Wheat now has a 40% chance to also drop hay on harvest.
- Caviar - can be made from Sturgeon Roe through the preserves jar.
- Looms can now produce multiple cloths when higher-quality items are input.
- Dinosaur Mayo - made from dino eggs. Base sell price is 800g.
- Added 4 new monster eradication goals & prizes.
- A quarry mineshaft dungeon with new Haunted Skull and Sludge monsters.
- Prehistoric floors in the Skull Cavern with a new Pepper Rex monster.
- Rare alternative levels in the 1–120 mines after unlocking the quarry similar to the quarry mineshaft dungeon.
- Mini-Jukebox - recipe can be learned from Gus' heart event.
- Grass - recipe can be bought at Pierre's.
- Tree Fertilizer - recipe is skill unlockable.
- Wilted Bouquet (crafted from a Bouquet).
- Warp Totem: Desert - lets you teleport to Calico Desert instantly.
- Wild Bait (improved) - there's a chance for you to catch 2 fishes when you equip this bait.
- Golden Scythe - can be obtained in the Quarry Mine dungeon.
- Trash Can Upgrade from Clint (gives 15-60% of trashed items’ value as money).
- Auto-grabber now works inside coops.
- Mini-Fridges - sold by Robin. More cooking ingredients storage.
- Workbench - sold by Robin. Craft and automatically searches for materials when placed adjacent to a chest.
- Wood Chipper - sold by Robin. Lets you break down Hard Wood for regular wood.
- Squid Ink - monster drop (I got one from Squid Kid).
- Crab Ring - +5 Defense, Adventure Guild reward.
- Dark Sword - Monster drop from Haunted Skull in Quarry Cave. 30-40dmg, -5 Speed, +5 weight.
- Artifact Trove - can be bought from the Desert Trader for 3 Omni Geodes. Contains random treasure, can be processed by a blacksmith.
- Secret Notes - two new secret notes obtainable from monster drops.
Farm, Town Buildings, & NPCs
- Fishing Pond - available to build through Robin. Can let you breed fish and farm roe.
- Shed Upgrade - available to build through Robin. Twice as large interior.
- Desert Obelisk - available to build through the Wizard. Lets you teleport to Calico Desert.
Village Buildings / Area
- Quarry Mine - A new cave located beside the quarry with new monsters and an obtainable Golden Scythe inside.
- Movie Theatre - can be unlock by Joja for 500,000g, or a bundle from Community Center.
- Caroline's Sun Roof - her private room where she do some gardening, located inside their house.
- Cat / Dog breeds - you can change your pet's breed in the Wizard's cellar.
- New Raccoon-like NPC located at the Forest near the sewer back entrance.
- Desert Trader - trades a variety of items like the Traveling Cart.
Game Interface & Controls
- Added ‘advanced crafting info’ option which shows more info on the crafting menu (including number of times crafted and the number of each ingredient available).
- Added OST files for new music tracks.
- Added notification when a tool being upgraded is ready.
- Added ability to reread received letters anytime via the collections tab.
- Changed interaction cursor when pointing at farm animals you haven’t pet today.
- You can now construct/move farm buildings onto tilled dirt and tree seeds.
- You can now stack craftable items in inventories (like kegs or furnaces).
- Queen of Sauce reruns will now choose an already-aired recipe that a player doesn’t know.
- Added ability to rotate the toolbar (using Tab and Ctrl+Tab by default).