In this guide, I’ll teach you some ways to survive when you join a winter server with nothing but your starving stomach and freezing body.
I Just Joined, What Do I Do!
Quickly search for flint, grass and twigs. Mainly grass and twigs, so you can make a torch and burn only one tree. I’m looking at you, willow. Don’t just burn the whole forest down for warmth, be considerate. Once you have flint and twigs, make an Axe, to make a campfire. Also, never ask where the base is in winter. People already are freezing without u, and they don’t need another problem on their hands. So, make a campfire and then….
Search for Gold
Depending on how fast you do this, you can survive for a while. You need to search for gold to get a Science Machine. Now, depending on which character you choose, you can do certain things from here on, but I’ll only be discussing Wigfrid and Wickerbottom, since they’re the only characters that actually can do things that most characters can’t with this guide. Wigfrid, once she gets the science machine, can go hunt beefalo to get a Beefalo hat and survive peacefully until she finds base. Wickerbottom on the other hand, can make a Thermal Stone as soon as she gets a science machine, due to her “Knows many things” trait. But, if you are any other character, get to chopping, mining, and more mining.
Make an Alchemy Engine
Here’s some tips to make an alchemy engine with less effort. The minimum materials required for it are 4 gold, 16 wood, and 12 rocks. Once you have that alchemy engine, get a thermal stone, and then go hunt for some beefalo or rabbits for some winter gear! You did it, you didn’t die due to fre- oh wait u died to beefalo.
Tips and Tricks
- Tip 1: Don’t just sit by a campfire. Campfires only can give 40 temperature, so burn a tree next to you to get maximum warmth.
- Tip 2: As Wortox, you can gather materials faster, and you can avoid more mobs, so it’s ideal to play as him if you can’t handle trying not do die of cold and trying not do die from mobs.
- Tip 3: As Webber or Wilson, you can gain Beards to give yourself insulation. This is a very slow method of gaining insulation, but it does work.
- Tip 4: Thermal Stones can change to COLD temperatures if you don’t keep an eye on it. Keep an eye on your thermal stone at all times!
- Tip 5: This tip goes along with Tip 4. If you have a glowing aura (its not big) around you, that means your thermal stone is as hot as can be. If it isn’t there, then go set up a campfire and heat it up.
Recommended Client Mods
- Mod 1: Minimap: Minimap can kinda let you cheat in the dark, so you can see whatever is around you on the minimap, even if u can’t see it on the actual game.
- Mod 2: Extended Map Icons: This goes with Minimap. This mod lets you see more things on maps, like Chester, Spiders, etc.
- Mod 3: Combined Status: Combined Status can show you what temperature you’re at. Just to let you know, 0 degrees or lower gets you to freeze.
Be the first to comment