An explanation and exploration of one of the coolest easter eggs ever discovered. Learn simple tricks for getting the most use and benefit from the Level.
Guide: Currently Detailing 1P Dialogue Choices Only
I’ll be experimenting with the dialogue options that come from larger party-counts and adding details on the events when possible. For now please enjoy the video explaining everything from the girls, to getting around zero and even grabbing the presents on the northeast island of Level 1.
Tips, Tricks and Other Bullet-Points
- Level 0 can be accessed via Doorway/Timed Teleport presents in Back in the Groove. This is different than on Genesis where the only methods that worked were innertubes, wings and skates.
- The Hot Tub Girls have a variety of topics that depend on how many players are in the game. There are even more rewards/conversations if you sit around with friends!
- Level 0 always drops you to the highest discovered Level. This means if you fall a couple levels too far, it’s perfectly safe albeit time consuming to simply fall back to zero in order to heal up and get back to where you’ve been.
- You can walk/hop from the main island to the island right of Puanani’s Hut which gives you access to the present there at no cost.
- Using Earthlings or Earthling Hordes on Level 0 is absolutely safe! Doing so will only spawn friendly earthlings and food items.
- Using doorways is tempting but dangerous, as they can land you on Dolphin island and force you to fall if you don’t have an escape plan.
- The hot tub heals you as long as you sit in it. Break some presents on accident while visiting 0? Just hop back in the water and you’ll be good to go before leaving.
- The Lemonade Kid not only offers you an extra life, but alongside many of the dancers in 0 he will ask for bucks/presents if you are doing well enough, allowing you to gamble on generosity.
- Did someone join while you were tubbing and you don’t want them to leave? Togetherness-Call works wonders.
- Shaking props can spawn earthlings on 0, but only friendly ones.
- The Flying Saucer and the Wizard are there for a reason. Obviously you can just heal up in the hot tub so the wizard is there to reverse stat scrambles if you accidentally nerf your inventory touching the saucer. I’d recommend not gambling with the saucer entirely though, as it costs 3 bucks to reset your stats.