While Persona 4 Golden added a bunch of great content to the original game, its new intro wasn’t the best (in my opinion anyway). The old intro is still buried inside the game, but there’s no option to make it the intro. Time to fix that!
Guide to Intro Mod
The process of modifying the game files is a bit convoluted and making a full guide for that will take a while. For now I’m gonna first release an automated patch that will just create a modified game file for you, and then later I’ll make the full walkthrough of how I made the modification later.
This is an automated patch which will do all the hardwork for you. The original files will be backed up in the process, but in the worst-case scenario you can just use Steam’s “Verify integrity of Game Files…” tool to redownload the original files and fix your game that way.
What this patch does is swap the old intro with the new intro. So the launch intro will be the old intro, and if you pull up the Ch4 Big TV video viewer in the TV Listing the intros will be swapped there as well.
- Download the patch here.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded ZIP file into an empty folder
- Now right-click on the game in Steam and go to ‘Manage -> Browse local files’
- Copy the game file into the patch folder (movie00002.pac)
- Open the movie00002 Patch.bat file.
- Follow the directions in the window that appears. If you see any errors, screenshot the window and close it, don’t continue.
- After following the directions in the window, it should close and automatically remove the patch files leaving just the modified file and the backed up original (movie00002.pac).
- Copy the modified file into your game directory and overwrite the existing file (movie00002.pac).
- Now launch your game and enjoy!