A guide for playing Vaygr faction in Multiplayer on Player Patch 2.3.
This is a guide for playing Vaygr faction in Multiplayer on Player Patch 2.3 (as it's the main version for online multiplayer).
The fleet composition recommended here is Fighters + Destroyers + Corvettes + BCs. Note that there are other good compositions as well such as Frigate-focus.
This assumes that you can get 3 patches on the map (so not on Shield map etc).
- Immediately send your initial collectors to work
- Send your Carrier to the natural expansion
- Queue 3 collectors each on MS and Carrier and send them to the natural expansion
- Adjust the above depending on map to make sure that no collector is queuing
- Build some probes and send them to the opponent's location
- Build research module on the MS
- If safe (e.g. in a team games and/or not too close to the opponent), expand to 3rd patch by building ref and collectors
- Build Fighter mod on both MS and Carrier 1
- Then build Capital mod on MS
- Build AC/Lance/Bomber non-stop depending on what the opponent are building. If Hyper Torp rush is a possibility, build 2 - 3 bombers first
- Build 2 Carriers from MS, then Destroyers
- Carrier 2 build fighters
- Carrier 3 build corvettes
- Fighter speed upgrade
- MS production upgrade
- Maxing collectors when possible
- 4 patches if possible
- Fighters + Destroyers with Corvette support
- Scouts (around 5) with EMP is a must
- Use Laser corvettes to harass opponent's eco
- Make Shipyard when possible
- Shipyard production upgrade
- Capital ship health upgrade
- Carrier production upgrade
- Make sure collectors are always maxed out and minimize queuing
- Move collectors if RUs run out
- Fighters + Destroyers + BCs with Corvette support
- Make Carrier 4 (Corvette) if floating money