More Mount & Blade 2 Guides:
- Activate Cheats Guide.
- Extensive Beginners Guide.
- Locate & Rescue Traveler Quest.
- Complete Spy Party Quest Guide.
- How to Get 100k Denars (Step-by-Step).
- How to Find a Location of a Character.
- Main Quests Guide (Neretzes’ Folly).
- Guide to Founding a Kingdom.
- Early Game Smithing.
- How to Earn Money.
- Game Basic Guide.
How to Clear Out Big Hideouts (Easy Way)
Troops & Weapons
- You want to make sure you have the right troops before going into a hideout, this works best if you have archers or crossbowmen.
- The higher their levels the faster the process takes.
- Make sure to drag the troops to the top of your party.
- You should also equip a helmet, bow and shield. This step is optional, but will help you in the long run.
- Now that you have troops sorted out, its time to enter the combat phase.
- SAVE I cannot stress this enough, make multiple saves, every time you complete a step SAVE!
- Now for the meat of the guide: Simply go inside a hideout, kill the first group of looters/bandits/raiders inside, and retreat by holding tab and clicking your middle mouse button.
- Once outside, save your game, move your party around the hideout until it gives you the option to go in again.
- Rinse and repeat. Combat, Retreat, Combat, Retreat. You get the idea!
- You did it! you cleared the hideout, got the loot, pat yourself on the back and enjoy your sweet victory!
- This is not confirmed yet, but when doing the banner piece quest, the hideout Azargos sends you to can bug out and not give you the piece, if this happens reload the save you had before killing the last group and it should work
- This is not confirmed but: You can raid the same hideout if you give it time to ‘restock’.