Red Altars – Daggers and any kind of sword are accepted. Generally rewards you with a magic weapon of any kind or strength potion.
Dagger> magic shortsword.
Yellow Altars – accept Life and healing potions (possibly anything realetd to life, needs more testing). Has a wide range of rewards with no real pattern i can see, often strength potions or scrolls.
Green Altars – accepts rations. Gave me the blessed buff with a 3 minute-ish duration.
Accepts Healing potion, gives life potion.
Accept life potion, gave +3 dagger of disarming.
This is done at an anvil, by combining a sigil and equipment.
- Death + Shield = Grim
- Death + Cloak = Retribution
- Metal + Helm = Hardned
- Life + Helm = Clotting
- Ice + Cloak = Cold Ward +1
- Magic + Shortsword = Shocking +1
Effects (Buffs, Debuffs, Curses and Enchantments)
- Blessed: Received from green altars. Gives a 30% damage reduction (unsure whether this includes damage over time or magic).
- Cold ward: Protects against cold damage.
- Disarm: Causes a hit enemy to drop their eqipped weapons on the ground.
- Shocking: +1 magic damage and increased chance to stun.
- Grim: Received by combining death with a shield. The shield deals 3 damage to the attacker, when blocking a mele weapon (seems to work on unarmed mele attackers, like lizards and bats).
- Retribution: Death + Cloak. Summons a damaging ring of spikes around the wearer, doing low damage to everything in mele range.
- Hardened: Metal + Helm. Makes the helm +3 and immune to both rust and acid.