Frequently Asked Questions
What is Settlement Survival?
- Settlement Survival is a challenging city-builder that invites you to lead a group of survivors in search of a new home. Feeling broody? Raise thousands of citizens. Want to be greedy? Earn as many coins as you can get. Land getting in your way? Dig up the hills, ditches, and rivers to your liking. It’s all in your hand; make your choice.
When is Settlement Survival coming out?
- The full game was released in Early Access on October 11th 2021.
What are the planned platforms?
- Settlement Survival is releasing on PC to Steam for right now. We’ll keep you posted on plans for other platforms.
In which languages will the game be localized?
- Simplified Chinese, English, German, French, Spanish (Latin-America), and Russian for now. All the localization will be ready for the Early Access launch. The Japanese version is coming soon too!
What was the Settlement Survival developers’ inspiration?
- We came out with some ideas after reading the book Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed by Jared Diamond. Referring to Easter Island, Vikings on Greenland, and the Black Plague, we try to tell some stories about how human civilizations collapse in extreme environments and how people survive. The players can explore many avenues to keep the residents alive.
Obviously, we were inspired for the game mechanics by classics like Banished.
Who is working on Settlement Survival?
- We were founded in April 2020 as Gleamer Studio, by gamers who set their life goal to making great games. We are committed to bringing happy and fun times to our players. Eventually, we aim to tell a good story about all the shining sparks within human nature.
Can I help you with your project?
- Any help and advice would be gratefully received. You can help in being an active member of the community either in the forums or on our discord. Please share your feedback, suggestions and bug reports. You can also follow us on our socials (check the links post).
The best help you can give us is to play our game and enjoy yourself.
How long is the game?
- City-builder games like Settlement Survival are hard to define in terms of how long to play… The longest record by a tester is 800 hours! We are confident that you will have many hours of gameplay experience to enjoy.
Is it replayable?
- Yes. We offer several modes with different maps and you can choose difficulty whatever you want. With the variable modes, settings, and difficulty levels, Settlement Survival is a game that you can play many times over!
What engine are you using?
Is there multiplayer, co-op, how does it work?
- Not right now.
Will there be modding support?
- There will be some modding support on day 1 of the Early Access, and we’ll add more options going forward.
Will there be achievements?
- Yes! We have many achievements to explore, and more are coming.
Does your game have gamepad support?
- We currently don’t support gamepads but it is under development.
What are the system requirements?
- The operating system is at least Windows 7 (64 bit) with 1 GB available space. The minimum requirement of hardware is I3-2100-3GHZ 2 Core Processor and 4 GB RAM memory. Plus a graphics card comparable or better than an NVIDIA GeForce GTX-650 1GB.
Can I remap controls?
- Yes you can. There’s plenty more settings you can modify too.
Does it support Ultrawide monitors?
Does it run at 60 FPS?
- Of course, even with thousands of citizens, especially if you have decent hardware.
Does it support 4K?
- We are supporting 4K.
Be the first to comment