Frequently Asked Questions
Who is working on Pharaoh: A New Era?
- Pharaoh: A New Era is developed by Triskell Interactive (Lethis series) and published by Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4, Windjammers 2…).
What is Pharaoh: A New Era?
- Pharaoh: A New Era is a full remake of the iconic city builder called Pharaoh and released in 1999 by Impression Games and Sierra Entertainment. Pharaoh: A New Era features all-new 2D graphics with brand-new UI and improved gameplay mechanics. The main goal is to develop your city stone by stone and rule it like a true pharaoh.
How much does it cost?
- The normal price is $22.99 but a 15% launch discount is live until Feb 22!
What language will be supported when the game launches?
- English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish (Spain) will be supported. Workers’ voices are also dubbed in these languages.
Any plans to add more language in the future?
- From now on, we’re 100% focused on launching the game but we may consider it in the future.
Any plans to release the game on Mac and/or Linux?
- Pharaoh: A New Era will be released on Windows only for the moment. Mac and Linux support may come later.
How many missions will be playable?
- There will be 53 playable missions packing more than 100 hours of gameplay.
Will Cleopatra: Queen of the Nile expansion be available at launch?
- Pharaoh: A New Era includes Cleopatra: Queen of the Nile at launch.
Can we expect a remastered version of Pharaoh’s original soundtrack?
- Yes, you can. Louis Godart is the composer working on the music arrangement of Pharaoh: A New Era’s original soundtrack.
Do you plan to add in-game weekly challenges to Pharaoh: A New Era?
- We are not planning to add in-game weekly challenges for the moment but it’s a good idea that we can keep in mind for the future.
Compared to the original Pharaoh (1999), will there be any QoL additions and if so, which one(s)?
- Yes, it’s in our plans and we will reveal them in the future so stay tuned!
Can we choose a very slow mode like the Original Pharaoh game? It made micromanagement way easier.
- Yes, you can choose a slower speed and even build while pausing the game.
Is there going to be some kind of zoom-in/out from the default view?
- Yes, you can zoom in and zoom out from the default view.
Will you keep the 90% “normal speed” and 100% “speed”?
- We added different speeds so you can pick the one that suits you the most.
Will there be…more than 100 hours of gameplay?
- 100 hours or even Infinite hours of gameplay if you take into account the 53 playable missions and the sandbox.
Will you add bigger maps?
- No, the maps won’t be bigger.
Any plans to address walker mechanics and math bugs/glitches that the Original Pharaoh game has?
- We rewrote the code and made sure to fix most of the bugs and glitches that came from the Original Pharaoh. We are also reworking walker mechanics and some more in-game stuff.
Will we have the ability to build more than three monuments on our map?
- We haven’t decided yet but we’d like to add more than three monuments to the maps.
Will the game be able to run in 1440P?
- Yes, Pharaoh: A New Era will run in 1440P.
Will there be more resources and buildings in the game?
- We will add more buildings to the game.
There will be the possibility of mods in the game?
- There is no plan to support mods in Pharaoh: A New Era.
Be the first to comment