Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of game is Cantata?
- Cantata is a character-driven tactical strategy game that puts you in the middle of a spiritual, pragmatic war for survival. Play as one of the nine commanding officers from one of the three factions – the Machines, Humans or Aliens – and leverage your faction’s unique powers and abilities to slowly expand your hold on this alien world.
- Cantata is best described as a “character-driven tactical strategy and logistics game”. It’s a synthesis of ideas from smaller scale tactics games like Advance Wars or Final Fantasy Tactics and larger scale strategy games like Civilization and SimCity.
Will there be online / local multiplayer?
Will Cantata be moddable?
- Every map that you’ll play in the game will be made with the game’s level editor that will be available to any player to use as well, day one! Go beyond simple level creation and import your own sprites to create your own units and effects and use the editor’s simple triggering system to build the map (or game!) of your dreams!
When and where is Cantata coming out?
- Cantata is launching into Steam early access on Thursday 12th May at 12pm EST / 5pm BST / 9am PT
How much will it cost?
- $24.99 for early access, at launch it’ll be 20% off for 1 week
What’s in the early access version?
- At Cantata’s launch it will include Campaign Act 1 (Chapters 1-3) and basic modding. The early access roadmap lands on launch day! We’ll be answering questions about the roadmap in a dev stream on the 17th May.
What does the roadmap look like?
- Until the roadmap goes out on launch day, all I can tell you is that we plan on monthly updates.
Be the first to comment